An essential task of transport planning is to insure accessibility for all users and a reasonable level of service at transport facilities. Therefore, it is vital to verify the performance of new or redesigned transport facilities under the effects of critical traffic loads.
We offer the possibility to verify the performance of transport facilities using state of the art procedures and guidelines. Apart from HCM and the German guidelines (HBS), we offer the possibility to examine and evaluate complex transport facilities per microscopic simulation procedures.
Our service in the field of facility capacity and performance verification include:
- Assessment and verification of the performance of intersections, junctions, roundabouts and weaving sections per international guidelines and / or per microscopic traffic flow simulation
- Assessing the length of traffic tailbacks
- Assessing average delay and waiting times at transport facilities
- Verifying the performance of parking facilities, toll points, clearance crossings etc.
- Verifying the performance of pedestrian infrastructure
- Verifying the operational performance of Logistics facilities (loading facilities, logistics centers, delivery areas etc.)
- Verifying the performance of public transport facilities (e.g. central bus stations)