To differentiate between origin / destination and through traffic, we conduct roadside interviews on city-wide cordon screen-lines. Motorists are randomly stopped and questioned about their respective origin-destination and trip purpose. Additionally, the type of vehicle and number of passengers are recorded. The gathered data serves as an input for origin-destination matrices and are an integral part of any traffic model.
We offer the following services:
- Site analysis and cordon definition
- Preparing approval-ready screen lines and temporary signposting plans
- Preparing interview forms
- Organizing interviewers (often students)
- Coordination and training of all persons involved (clients, police, interviewers)
- Oversee the process on site
- Plausibility check
- Digitization and data analysis
To reduce time and effort necessary to input and process the thousands of data sets that are collected at such interviews, we developed our own app that allows interviewers to input quickly and easily the collected information, avoiding the laborious step of data entry.