Trip Generation and Distribution
New urban land use projects and urban developments and the construction of traffic related facilities is associated with induced traffic. To assess the projected traffic situation, it is necessary to determine the new generated trips and the distribution of their corresponding traffic loads on the surrounding transportation network. Based on well-founded empirical procedures and parameters, we estimate the expected traffic for planned land uses and structures. These valuations form the basis for designing transportation facilities and play a key part in the building approval process. They are also essential as a basis for public debate and in cases of conflict of interests.
Our services in the field of trip generation and distribution include:
- Development specific trip generation estimation (on the basis of land use, size, location, etc.)
- Determining the viability of the proposed development in terms of transportation (for objects such as retail facilities, housing projects, public institutions, etc.)
- Estimating the projected traffic for major events (exhibitions, religious gatherings, sporting events, etc.)
- Determining the maximum densification potential (based on the capacity of adjacent transportation facilities)
- Modeling the distribution of traffic in the transportation network and depicting traffic loads in a road network.
- Identifying solutions and improvement potentials for planned developments.